Total views

Thursday 16 January 2014

Rio Ferdinand sets sights on Premier League management

Rio Ferdinand sets sights on Premier League management

RIO FERDINAND plans to be the manager of a Premier League club in London within five years.


Ferdinand is widely expected to retire this summerFerdinand is widely expected to retire this summer [GETTY]
Manchester United defender Ferdinand, 35, is expected to retire this summer and revealed his future ambitions yesterday.
In a Twitter Q&A with his followers, he responded to a question about where he would be in five years time by saying: “Alive, in London and the manager of a Premier League club!”
His remarks immediately sparked suggestions he could be a future boss of West Ham where he started his career, or Queens Park Rangers where his first manager Harry Redknapp is in charge.
Former England international Ferdinand has been taking his coaching badges and, in an interview last month, revealed that he plans to stay in the game when he hangs up his boots, which is likely to be when his current one-year deal expires at Old Trafford this summer.
He said: “Will I be playing next season? I don’t know. I’ve got to get through this season first. I hope I finish this one! Last season I said the same thing, I won’t look any further than the end of the season and then re-evaluate it around that time.
“I’m doing my badges. I’ve got a lot of other interests but I definitely want to stay in the game when I retire. I feel I’ve got a lot to offer. I’d like to [stay in the game] definitely.”
In yesterday’s Twitter Q and A, Ferdinand gave manager David Moyes a vote of confidence when he tipped seventh-placed United – currently five points adrift of fourth place – to maintain their record of qualifying for the Champions League in every season since 1995-96.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

its really interestin